View Single Post
September 24th, 2013, 12:53 AM
So, I have not yet taken a pregnancy test but I have already had this gut feeling for the past week that I am pregnant. I just turned 24 and recently broke up with my long time boyfriend a month and a half ago. I was pregnant at 18 but had an abortion, I often think of what would have been had I gone through with the pregnancy.
Anyways, I am feeling the same feelings and body changes as I felt in that first month again. I have been on birth control but in the past two months had a couple days where I missed it and would end up taking two at a time. A little over a month ago, I had a one night stand, on that day and the day before I had forgotten to take my birth control. A couple days after me and my ex did have sex as well. I thought I got my period right after but it was much lighter than usual and didn't last long. I should be starting my period today or in the next couple of days but I don't think I will. I am too afraid of confirming my thoughts that I am pregnant.
My body this last week has felt a change that I can contribute to anything else, my breasts are significantly larger than they normally would be before my period, they are very tender, I have terrible cramps, a slightly bigger belly, I feel nauseous, dizzy, weak, tired and unbelievably emotional. All I keep thinking about is what to do if the test is positive, it's all I can think about. I work full time and go to school full time and I can barely focus. I am so incredibly scared as to what to do if I am pregnant. How would I tell my ex that I can't be for sure that it is his, that it might be some random guy who I haven't spoken a word to since? If I am pregnant I don't think I could have an abortion again, but then how do I go an entire 9 months without knowing who the father is? What happens if I am pregnant? Do I tell the guy I had a one night stand with that he MIGHT be the father? Do I tell my ex theres a CHANCE that he might NOT be the father? I feel like I've made such a terrible decision and what if I have the child of a person I don't even know?
I know all of this is kind of crazy talk since I haven't yet taken the test, I just don't know how to deal with this. I don't know if there is anybody I can talk to.
Has anyone else gotten pregnant from a one night stand? Could you please tell me what you did? Or if you weren't positive on who the father was, how do you handle that?