View Single Post
September 24th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Every breath is a gift.
I went yesterday and had a few concerns that I wanted checked. I did a self examination a couple weeks ago because I had some weird painful pulsing sensations in my va-jayjay. When I checked, it was hard to tell, but it felt like my cervix was slightly open. On top of that I have a lot of discharge and wanted to have it tested to make sure I'm not leaking amniotic fluids. I guess sometimes it pays to be paranoid because the doctor checked my cervix and said it was open a little bit. Nothing to worry about yet, but if it opens up more it could be something to worry. He is going to have to keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't get worse. He also did a cotton swab test to check my cervical fluids and turns out I have a bacterial infection. He wrote me a script for a med called Flagyl to treat it. He acted like it wasn't an issue at all but one of the women from my PR said her water broke early due to a bacterial infection... so I'm glad this was caught before it got bad/dangerous. I had no idea I had an infection. I haven't noticed any weird smells in my discharge or any pain or itching... there's just a lot of fluids. I feel like I'm constantly wet.

Other than that everything seems to be going well. I had the 1 hour gestational diabetes test done yesterday but don't know the results of that yet. Oh, something that was really strange... after my appointment I felt like I had been hit by a train or something! I was so achy and sore! My pelvis was really bothering me when I walked. It was grinding together way more than it has been the past few months. I feel much better today, but wow.. it was really bad yesterday.

I think that's pretty much everything to report.