View Single Post
September 24th, 2013, 03:17 PM
Awesomesauce
I'm on my phone so I can't read the post right now, but the snippet you quoted is right. There is this huge gap between women who believe in birthing different ways instead of women supporting each other in every kind of birth. Of course there are good reasons for that sometimes - the insane rise of dangerous elective procedures - but overall I don't understand why the majority of mother's can't say to each her own and support a birthing woman simply for what she is doing.

Honestly I had no specific expectations about birth (other than that it would be painful) because if birth stories taught me anything it was that birth is unpredictable. I kind of went in with an "I'll do what feels right at the time" approach. That being said, it was easier than I expected. It was actually not that painful, transition being the hardest and I was already in it for a while without knowing it. The breathing exercises got me through. My major surprise was dealing with the medical staff rather than labor and delivery. I expected support from my doctor and resistance from the hospital staff and I got the exact opposite.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy

Last edited by NinjaCakes; September 24th, 2013 at 03:20 PM.