View Single Post
September 24th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
As far as I know, you don't have to worry about touching with you and hubbs, usually your vag is self-cleaning and takes care of its own issues. Something you could do is take probiotics, that helps keep the good bacteria/flora in your vag strong, so that they keep the bad bacteria in check. Especially if you're going to be on antibiotics, I would do probiotics after that.
I can understand being scared, but I think if hubbs does a good hand-washing prior to with antibacterial soap you should be free and clear to do what you want. And if you're worried about oral, just have him gargle with some Listerine! That will kill any bacteria for sure!

Hope that helps--depriving yourself of fun is no fun for anyone!

I'm glad the doc caught the infection before it got serious. From what I understand, bacterial vaginosis is common, but I had no idea it could cause labor.

During pregnancy I always had a lot of discharge too, I think that's pretty normal and wouldn't necessarily be a sign of a problem.

Oh and another thing---this may be TMI too but the weird pulsing pain might just be part of pregnancy--the vajayjay can get kind swollen because of the pressure from baby, and the slower circulation can cause blood to pool a bit in the pelvic area, so it can feel kind of like a throbbing feeling. I recall feeling that way at times with Ethan's pregnancy.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12