View Single Post
September 24th, 2013, 07:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We are on and off with the bed sharing thing... right now it's off, I'm still getting up several times a night to feed him, but he's more comfortable being put down in his own bed after eating, so I'm going with that.

When we do bed share, I've been booting DH to our guest room. I don't feel it's safe for baby to be between 2 adults, but we don't have any ways of keeping him from falling out of bed. So I sleep on the edge of our King, and place a pillow along the other edge. He sleeps somewhere in the middle. (He's not rolling yet) I keep the blanket all behind me, and just pull what I use over my shoulder, and he sleeps in his sleep sack.
What would work better is for us to buy a bed rail, and that way he would sleep between me and the edge of the bed, and dh and I would share the blanket, with it behind me in the same way.

The only thing I would say may prevent me from suggesting someone who is interested from trying bed sharing is if they had some kind of fluffy feather mattress topper or something, that baby could suffocate in.

I really don't think bed sharing is the big taboo it once was. At the mommies group I attend I'm the only one not bed sharing 100% of the time, and we're not talking about some group of ultra hippies here, just regular every day moms!

Dr. Sears is a big promoter of safe bed sharing and I've found his books and articles to be helpful!