Topic: Babywearing
View Single Post
September 25th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Brianne all wraps are woven hun. They just come in different materials 100% cotton, cotton / linen blends, cotton/ hemp blends, cotton/bamboo blends, cotton/wool blends and cotton/silk blends. 100% cotton is super easy to break in followed by the bamboo and silk blends. Wool is also easy to break in however very delicate and you have to wash it carefully or you will end up with felt and a ruined wrap. Hemp blends take a bit more breaking in but once broke in are super soft and extremelysupportive and is toddler worthy if you want to use it as she gets older. Linen is the hardest to break in and takes quite awhile before its broken in but it is also very toddler worthy.
Secondly lots of mamas on the swap will do payment plans. And there is also baby wearing on a budget and you can find cheaper wraps there.
Thirdly I did a ruck back carry with my hemp blend almost 3 year old that's 30 pounds and that hemp blend was so supportive I didn't have to do numerous passes to support her weight so I know I can carry Tristan for awhile.