View Single Post
September 27th, 2013, 01:05 PM
Hi ladies!

First time posting & just wanted to get some advice on something that's come up the last couple days. Hope u don't mind if I give u a little background first.

I'm 32yrs old, married 3 1/2 years & have an 18mo son. Until recently, my husband & I both worked full time while my mom watched my son. In May, I was laid off & given a hefty severance package so I decided to be a SAHM for the summer & start looking for work in the Fall.

While I was working, we put my son on a pretty rigid naptime/bedtime schedule that worked great.

6:30-7am wake up time
12 naptime (usually slept 2 hrs)
8pm: bedtime

Well, the last couple of days he's been sleeping in until 8am, which threw me off. I figure since he wakes up later, I put him down for his nap later, right? So I put him down at 1pm. But then he wakes up from his nap later which throws off his bed time. PLUS, he's been napping for almost 3 hours lately. So now he doesn't want to go to bed until 830-9pm.

I normally wouldn't have a problem with this, but I'll be working again soon so him waking up at 8am wouldn't be feasible with our busy mornings.

What do I do? Do I try to put him back on his normal schedule, or just follow his lead & start putting him down later?