View Single Post
September 27th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Lincoln's Mommy
Oh my goodness, that's EXACTLY what happened with hubby and I! I was ready to ttc way earlier than he was and the way he refused to talk about another terrified me. He seemed so stressed by our son sometimes. I thought he was going to back out on a second baby. I wanted them close together and I was sure it would take awhile this time.

The best advice I can give you is to give him time. No matter what I said, I couldn't get hubby to tell me WHY he wasn't ready and it ended up frustrating him. He wasn't sure why, he just didn't feel ready. And you don't want to push him into a baby he isn't thrilled about. I kind of did that with our first, and we had to work hard to get past that. It's not worth it.

Talk to him about your feelings, but try not to KEEP talking about it. My hubby was finally able to at least tell me he didn't want to wait past the first of the year to start trying again, so that helped, but it was torture for me not to have a date to count down to Do your best to distract yourself with other things and give him his time. Don't think about the perfect age difference or what month it needs to happen in, that makes it much worse. I know it's so rough, but you can do it, and when he's ready, it will be so exciting because you're both on the same page!