View Single Post
September 27th, 2013, 02:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Methadone is typically green, so I still think it would have been food on his shirt.

With all due respect, you would have done absolutely none of those things because with use over time comes tolerance, which means that you need a larger dose in order to get the same effects, if you are at a point where you are getting withdrawal symptoms you need to be high to 'survive', and as your body is tolerant to the drug, you need larger doses. Once you are drug dependent a child isn't going to be your first priority, because a child isn't going to give you that edge, to be honest a child would exacerbate withdrawal.
To say that you would hire a babysitter, limit your intake and so on makes no sense because it goes completely against what chemical dependency does to your mind and body.

By definition, it was not murder, the father was guilty of manslaughter (not the mother as she did not administer the lethal dose), the definitions of manslaughter vary between jurisdictions but the father's intention was not to kill his son, 'murder' is heavily mis-used in everyday speech, in order for someone to be convicted of murder there has to have been intent to kill, the father's intent was not to kill his son, it was to make him go to sleep, therefore, it was in no way murder. I believe that UK is still one of the countries that have infanticide as a sub-category of manslaughter (someone please correct me if I am wrong) where a parent kills their child due to unstable state of mind. Drug addiction causes an unstable state.