View Single Post
September 28th, 2013, 07:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm about the same as others, about 18 mos or 2 years. I have a WHOPPER of a story to tell you about blankets though. Get a load of this.

When DS was a wee little thing, I don't think he was 2 mos, we had his bassinet downstairs near the dining room so he could nap close to us during the day, and my CRAZY MIL was over for the afternoon/evening. DS was napping and I went over to check on him and there was a knitted blanket, come out of nowhere, UNDER his head and wrapped OVER his face. I screamed and grabbed the blanket and pulled it away from him. I checked him for breathing and made sure he was ok. I started yelling "Who put that blanked under his head?" over and over again.

So my MIL comes in and says "He NEEDS a pillow. ALL my kids had pillows when they were babies". I looked at her like she had 8 heads and told her under no uncertain terms was she to ever touch my child again and that he will NEVER have a pillow. DH told her to leave that decision up to me.

I was SHAKING with rage. I thought she had suffocated him. She continued to do crazy crap like that whenever she was around - letting him go to sleep with a sippy cup of CHOCOLATE MILK when he was 2, giving him a cup of crackers in his crib once, all sorts of stupid, unsafe stuff. And she wondered why we didn't pick her to be his daily caregiver when I went back to work.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013