View Single Post
September 28th, 2013, 08:03 PM
Keep Calm and Baby Dance
Yay! You're doing a good thing. I second taking a class and finding a local LLL chapter. They were a HUGE help to me w/ my DD.

As for bottles, I used the BreastFlow by first years, but I understand those are hard to come by. I pumped into the bottles that came w/ my Medela, poured into Lansinoh milk storage bags (fewer bottles to clean, yay), and then daycare poured into the Breast Flow bottles. Really I think it's more about the nipple than the bottle.

You could also check out LLL's book "The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding."

Will you be working? If so then I suggest a double electric pump. If not, then a single pump should do.

Here's something to remember: newborn babies have teeny tiny tummies, and breast milk is easily digested. In those first days & weeks, you will nurse day & night. This is normal. You will only have colostrum the first few days. Do NOT let people push you to supplement w/ formula. Colostrum is liquid gold and the best thing for your little girl!

Another thing: babies cry a lot-newborns especially. Yes, they are hungry all the time. It does NOT mean you don't have enough milk! Even if you're nursing every hour, as long as baby is gaining, and making enough wet & poopy diapers every day, keep nursing!

2, 4, 6, 8...c'mon body, ovulate!

Nov '12