View Single Post
September 29th, 2013, 08:27 AM
I'm in my early 30's with a 15 year old and just found out I'm pregnant. I broke up with a serious boyfriend in the late spring and have been very casually seeing someone over the summer. This guy is finishing up Grad school, is 26 years old, and is not in a position, financially or otherwise, to have a baby. I'm almost done with the one I have and am also starting a Graduate program in Summer. I'm so conflicted over what I should do. I don't want to have a baby with this guy but I'm also at a point in my life where a baby wouldn't be the end of the world. It would put plans that I have for myself on hold. It would be a financial struggle initially because I've not properly saved for something like this. The guy and I don't want to be together - in fact I broke up with him a couple of days after I told him I was pregnant. He's a great guy and I have no doubt that one day he will make an incredible father and husband - but that day is not today. I don't want this to ruin his life - let alone mine or my teenager's. He is pushing for me to terminate the pregnancy and is very unsupportive of me having this baby. I keep telling him that he is free to walk away but he has told me in no uncertain terms that this is not an option. My appointment at the clinic is scheduled for Wednesday and as the day draws closer I become less and less sure that this is something I really want to do. I'd love to have another baby some day with a man that I love and feel like this isn't the right time, right place, and is completely the wrong guy. But does that mean that I should take that out on the only innocent person in this situation?