View Single Post
September 30th, 2013, 05:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My two oldest I bottlefed (one bf for only 2 months) and my two youngest strictly nursed because they never would take a bottle. Since being up at night has been so tough this time around, I decided to try a bottle and she took it! I only supplemented (with formula) twice only 2 oz for two nights in a row. On Within 48 hours I began to develop mastitis. This Friday night I landed in the ER with a gallbladder attack, mastitis and a UTI. I am now on antibiotics.

Last night was horrible! Grayce was up from 12-3 Oclock and I had to get up early and only got one hour and then 3 1/2 hours of sleep. I didn't want to use formula because it seems to be what caused this in the first place. It was only one feeding and I nursed her until I seemed emptied out and she still took 2 oz of formula.

How do you guys do it???

I don't have a pump and really don't want to pump and use breastmilk. If I'm going to supplement, I'd rather just use formula.

I've really had to make a hard decision to keep breastfeeding because it has been so tough this time around. Encouragement???