View Single Post
September 30th, 2013, 06:59 PM
Every breath is a gift.
I had my 1 hour glucose test done last Monday (23rd) and I just got a phone call today from the head nurse telling me my glucose levels were high and I will have to take the 3 hour. I was too busy asking about the 3 hour test that I forgot to ask what my 1 hour test numbers were, so unfortunately I don't know.

I was told to fast for 12 hours before the test and not eat or drink anything (except water) during the 12 hour time frame. She said I would get a blood draw once I got to the office, drink the sugar drink, then get a blood draw every hour for 3 hours (4 blood draws total!!!).

I'm so nervous I'm going to fail... She said if I fail this one, they will send me to a dietitian to discuss my diet and I will have to monitor my glucose levels with one of those finger prick things. Fun times... I can't help but be worried. I have to admit I have been shoveling in the sugary treats recently. Cake, ice cream, skittles, starbursts, gummy worms, plus I eat tons of fruit. Last night DH put me on "bed rest" because I had some gnarly cramping but instead of relaxing I made a freaking cake and smothered it in vanilla frosting!!!! (who can argue with cake, right???) I wish the dr office would have called me last week instead of waiting until today. I have been so bad... but it's time to make a change!!! I will try my hardest to be a good girl from now on and stop eating so much SUGAR!