View Single Post
October 1st, 2013, 12:25 AM
Baby girl Londyn 8/13
I really am not much help here just wanted to say I'm sorry you are going through all of this. I too am supplementing. I breastfeed at night and during the day when I am home. I supplement in the evening so DH can feed her a few oz while I get a few hours of sleep.

I was afraid that I would have problems if I relied too much on the formula. But things seem to be going ok.

I think that you can totally continue breastfeeding but there is nothing wrong at all if you decide to formula feed. I was actually where you are and was thinking I might as well just formula feed it would make things a little easier (i.e letting someone else feed so I could rest) But then I swiped my debit card for a $25 tub of formula and thought hmm maybe it wouldn't be so MUCH easier not to mention washing and sterilizing bottles.

I could never fathom how hard on ourselves we mothers can be when it comes to this. When I was contemplating bottlefeeding I felt a pain in my heart like I was failing my daughter. Although I know in my mind she would be fine either way?

I really think you should do what you feel is best for you and baby. Is the lack of sleep the only reason causing you to turn to formula? Have you tried nursing on your side in the bed that way you don't have to get up and still rest while she nurses? Sorry if Im not much help

****Thank you*Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy****