View Single Post
October 1st, 2013, 07:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My fasting sugars were about in your range as well before. Too high, sadly. Under 95 is the line usually - and I know my doctor likes to see at least half of my numbers in that range for the week.

I am shocked that they are having you do the glyburide right before dinner though. I take my dose about 15 minutes before bed. It wears off after a certain amount of time, so right before dinner is early, imo! I do my bedtime snack at around 9:45-10pm, then take the glyburide (I'm on the lowest dosage - 1.25) at around 10:15-10:30pm. Then I'm awake to test my fasting sugars around 6-6:30am.

It's not so bad, though they may want to do some extra monitoring once you're on glyburide (NSTs and a growth ultrasound). It's helped keep my fasting sugars in line.

Also, you may want to look at the before bedtime snack you're having. Changing that up might help lower your numbers. Even with the glyburide I was starting to creep back into 95-105 range. I was having 1 piece of whole wheat toast with natural PB and then a handful of peanuts. One night hubbie made popcorn. I had 3 cups of that with some butter and salt, plus a handful of peanuts. I've been snacking on that every night since, as it brought my fasting sugars back down under 95! I've only had 1 higher in the last week, and that was a 96 - lol.

Remember, this is to keep baby healthy. Just watch for maybe a little extra heartburn/reflux with the meds. The pill is so tiny too. Good luck! And feel free to PM me if you'd like to chat more about it directly.