View Single Post
October 1st, 2013, 07:58 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyeeb View Post
My mother died when I was 8 years old, so I understand the feelings you are going through. I often wonder how different things would be if she were here. I have a great relationship with my mother in law. Don't get me wrong, she is still a mother in law. ( a little controlling and worries about my daughter when she doesn't need to. To elaborate on that, my daughter used to stand on her toes a lot before she started walking. I thought it was cute. My mother in law and her occupational therapy sister kept telling me how I needed to watch that and force her to stand flat. I frankly told them she was perfect, I wouldn't do that, and it would work itself out. Sure enough, when she started walking, she didn't stand on her toes. But there have been a few things just like that) But anyway, the bigger problem I have is with my step-mom. She can be really fake and insincere. Sometimes I feel like she acts how she thinks she is supposed to for a given situation instead of being real. So it was hard watching her "gush" over my daughter when she was born, but just long enough to take pics and post them on her fb bragging about a new grandbaby. But never visits and when she is around my daughter, she is on her ipad and barely pays attention to her. She never had kids of her own and so she really doesn't think like a mom. It makes me miss mine so badly. Sorry that you have to miss your mom too.
I am so sorry for the loss of your mom too...thank you so much for your words and support...I am so grateful.

Thank you ladies for your support...I feel so much better after reading all of them. Thank you for reminding me what is most important!

How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers. ~ Blessed Mother Teresa