Topic: Intro
View Single Post
October 1st, 2013, 08:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to CassCramer Send a message via Yahoo to CassCramer Send a message via Skype™ to CassCramer
I've had bipolar and anxiety as long as I can remember, just didn't know that's what it was. I was officially diagnosed in March 2013. I take a mood stabilizer (one step below "therapeutic level") and have a short-term anxiety medication I take for panic attacks or if I feel one coming on. Not sure if naming meds is okay or not so I'll leave it at that. It seems to help, but the only way I noticed was because I feel "crazy" when I don't take my pills. I get really irritable, mad about everything, my day will go from euphoric to hell in a matter of seconds, etc.

Me personally... I'm Cassie (25), mom to Xander (almost 5) and Wyatt (1), girlfriend to Brett (22). He knows I'm bipolar, which takes a lot of stress off me. He is a huge help, when he knows I'm stressed he tells me to stop stressing out (in a playful way) and it actually helps a lot. Not because of what he says, but he just has that effect on me. I've been through a lot, and I have a really hard time dealing with it especially if I took my pills late or forgot one day. I go to Celebrate Recovery - basically a 12 step program for ANY struggle, not just alcohol or drugs. Mine are bipolar, anxiety, grief, sexual abuse, emotional abuse, physical abuse, and friend issues. I'm sure there are more, that's off the top of my head. Me in a nutshell.

Hi