View Single Post
October 2nd, 2013, 03:23 AM
Padawan Kim
Today was our appointment to apply for Kaeldra's passport. I was dreading it a little because we had to travel 2 hours away and wasn't sure how long it would take once we got there. Thank goodness Kaeldra stayed pretty happy most of the day. The consulate was right next to a really nice park and we got there early, so we walked around the park and fed some koi fish before heading to our appointment. No one else was at the consulate, so they let us go in a little early and it didn't take very long. Now all we need to do is acquire and send in a certified copy of Kaeldra's birth certificate (the copy we had wasn't stamped directly, so they couldn't accept it), then wait for them to process the paperwork! Then I can finally take Kaeldra to meet my family. It's too bad we didn't feel like we could spend a little more time exploring the city, especially since traveling there was so expensive, but we left the apartment at 9:30 a.m. and didn't get back until 5:30 p.m., not to mention I didn't get to bed until 3 a.m. and was up at 7:30! Glad our long day is done. Is anyone else planning to get a passport for their baby?