View Single Post
October 2nd, 2013, 02:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Feels like I never left! I have our hotel booked for the team already for regionals in the spring, I'm holding my first parent meeting of the year the Thursday, and I have a meeting with other managers and coaches on Monday. I love our coach this year, she's keeping me in the loop more and we have been talking regularly about our expectations for the team. I'm hoping to get the jerseys soon and have people hand in their name plates so I can start sewing those on, I want to do those myself this year instead of paying to have someone else do it.

Oh and I wanted to ask you guys have you ever heard of a gift card fundraiser? I've done a lot of fundraisers over the past 5 years or so of having kids in school and sports and this is the most unique one I've ever seen, but maybe it's just me. OK, so it runs like this, the group is purchasing gift cards at a discount then we buy them for regular price, the difference goes to the kids. They are gift cards for places like No Frills and Loblaws, Timmy's, different restaurants, other grocery stores and like Home Depot and hardware stores. They are running it once a month all year.