View Single Post
October 4th, 2013, 10:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so nauseous today... And you have no idea how happy that made me. I haven't felt anything for a couple days and with everything going on it was really freaking me out. I know it doesn't mean anything, but made me feel a little bit better. ...Until I went to my family doctor. I needed the Rh- shot since I've been spotting a little. She said that she got the ultrasound results and that my next ultrasound would probably come back with the same results, no heartbeat. Thank you for that and smashing what little hope I had.

I looked at the ultrasound report and this is what it said (it was stamped urgent):

"An intrauterine gestational sac is seen with a fetal pole. The CRL measures 4mm which corresponds with a gestational age of 6 weeks 1 day but no fetal heart rate is seen which would be expected at this age. Two cycstic structures within the gestational sac are also seen which is abnormal.

The ovaries are within normal limits for size and echogenicity but no evidence of an adnexal mass or free fluid.

SUMMARY:

Findings are in keeping with a missed miscarriage."

My midwife didn't tell me I had "two cystic structures in the gestational sac". It's really bothering me... What are they? Why are they there? Did they have anything to do with the miscarriage (or potential miscarriage)? Is there something wrong with me? Is it going to be a future problem as well? If the pregnancy was fine would this be an issue? I can't call my midwife because she's with a patient in labour and obviously can't respond unless it's urgent. I've been trying to Google it but can't find anything on the cysctic structures being inside the gestational sac, and two of them. Does anyone know anything about these?

Only a couple more days of this torture waiting...

October 20, 2013