Topic: Vaccinations
View Single Post
October 4th, 2013, 11:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We are selective and delay, but we haven't done it in 2 years. Slacking on my part.

I am a person who does what is best for our family. I truly believe every parent should make an informed decision before they do anything. Don't do it blindly, make up your own mind, don't let anyone else make it up for you. If that means you get all your vaccinations done on time, great. As long as you are informed in your choice. If you are selective/delay, again, as long as you're informed. Same with not doing it at all. Just be informed and make your choice as an informative one!

Many people like to put fear into people, play off others emotions. I know someone who does this. She lost a child to something you couldn't vaccinate against at the time but still puts other parents down for choosing not to.

And when people are rude and extreme like you just posted, I ignore it. I have bigger issues in my life than to argue with someone over my own personal choices if they don't agree. They think I'm a bad mom? So be it. I won't be losing sleep over their personal beliefs.

Mind you, I am not a pushy person on my own personal beliefs. I have friends who are extreme on both ends of the spectrum of parenting ways. I feel the way I feel, but I will never go out of my way to make you feel badly for choosing to do something opposite what i would do. I would never push my agendas down your throats. I would respect you and I expect the same respect. Sadly, many people can't do that.

Although, sometimes, I'd love to kick them in the shin.. hard.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story