View Single Post
October 4th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yikes that is awful! I would think if they knew it was going to be a problem, they would have just done an IV port so they could just pull out more blood each time as needed. If you ever have to have multiple sticks in the future, I would just ask for that the first time. You poor thing!
When I was pregnant with my first son, I had to have IV infusions of antibiotics for 2 weeks, and it sucked bad having to get a new IV port every couple of days. But I can imagine your arms still look worse than mine did.

I hope the feeling of passing out doesn't spell bad news for you. I would think any pregnant woman having to fast for 12 hours, then drink a bunch of sugar and wait 4 more hours before you can eat again, would likely feel like they were going to pass out too. I know I would! When I worked at a medical clinic, before we had kids, we would get pregnant ladies passing out on a regular basis when they had their first blood draw (where they take lots of vials of blood). It was probably one every other month. So I would think for you to not even pass out is pretty good.
Hope your arms feel better soon!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12