View Single Post
October 6th, 2013, 07:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ok- this may get a little long and I apologize, but I am interested in going this route and have a few questions. First, a bit of background on me and my first delivery.

I had my son in a hospital setting Feb 2012. I absolutely LOVE LOVE my OB and I had a really great birth experience actually. I was induced (my choice, never again) at 40 weeks and recieved cervadil and pitocin for my labor. My hospital had a policy of no getting up and walking during induction so I was stuck in bed laying on my left side during contractions (pitocin was awful). I really feel I could have managed the contractions better had I been able to move around. I eventually got an epidural and went from 4 cm to 10 cm in about 2-3 hours. I pushed my son out after 20 minutes. It was quick and mostly easy. My nurses were very nice and helpful and my OB was awesome!

Unfortunately, for reason I cannot explain I've had PTSD type symptoms and bad anxiety when in hospital settings since his birth. I just get tense and nauseous and break out in a cold sweat the entire time I'm in one (even a nursing home or just visiting a friend). Because of this I would really like to try to avoid another hospital birth because I know I will be really anxious in a L&D suite. Anxiety is not a good friend of labor. lol

Like I said, I LOVE my OB. Is it possible to keep seeing him plus a midwife if I choose a homebirth? I had very mild gestational diabetes with my first, I'm sure I have it again. If it's mild again can I still be eligible for a homebirth? Or does my GD automatically not make me a candidate?

Sorry it's so long, thanks for making it through. Any help would be appreciated!