View Single Post
October 8th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh, gosh, EVERYTHING! Lol. We have thai, italian and pizza places that all deliver. We have pretty much all the fast food you can imagine within 10 minutes drive. Downtown Detroit is only a 10-15 minute drive and there we have Greektown and Mexicantown nd a small Polish community full of SUPER authentic food which is great. We even have an Indian restaurant and an Ethiopian restaurant (which i really wanna try) within 5 minutes of our house. Then 15 minutes north, in the hoitey-toitey area, there's all sorts of more upscale steak houses and fondue restaurants and P.F. Changs and breweries. I love living in this area because we are so close to everything from restaurants to shopping to sporting events and concerts and festivals- there's always something going on.
Side note: One of my families from the Montessori i used to work at has this really neat little bar about 2 miles away from my house that is a speak-easy! It's super cool! It says "Art Gallery" on the outside but on the inside, it's a 20's/prohibition theme bar/lounge and even the bar tenders have on dress pants with vests and bow ties or regular ties and the hostess wears a stylized-era dress. It's super cool to see them make their drinks because of all the crazy potion-like natural flavors and herbs and stuff they put in and their methods!
Seriously, i love this place. Come to Detroit, i swear you wont get shot! We're way more fabulous than that lol. (I should totally be a spokesperson haha!)