Topic: Hello
View Single Post
October 8th, 2013, 07:54 PM
Hello,
I enjoyed reading about your personal success in raising your child on your own. That is simply amazing. I was wondering if you might offer me some advice. The father of my child has not helped me or made any effort thus far during my pregnancy. He has mentioned once that he would like to be a part of the baby's life, but I know that he only said this because I would not agree to an abortion. He began to actively ignore me once I became pregnant, and regularly cheated on me during our three year relationship with the same girl. Needless to say, my ex and I have a very strained relationship. I am currently a semester away from earning my bachelor's degree in sociology and am still living with my parents. I have no job, but my parents are willing to help me during this time. My ex (baby daddy) is immature and irresponsible, he and his family have ignored me thus far in my pregnancy. I realize it is still early but each day I contemplate whether or not I should put his name on my child's birth certificate to ensure that I receive child support, or if I should leave his name off of the birth certificate so that he has no parental rights. He is an absolute clown (this is putting it nicely I assure you) and his family is choosing to ignore that this is happening. If I choose to keep my ex's name off of the birth certificate, I am worried that he will throw me under the bus in the future by telling my child that the reason they never had a relationship was because of my actions. I realize that at 16 weeks it is still very early to worry, but I am consumed with fear that he and his family will take it upon themselves to take my baby from me after he/she is born.
Thank you for your time,
Micaela