View Single Post
October 9th, 2013, 05:19 AM
Side note: I'm a healthy 26 year old who has never been pregnant.
Recently I was on a business trip for 4 days where I forgot my birth control (Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo). Upon coming home my husband and I decided it was time to try to conceive. Because I stopped the pill pack mid cycle I got my period one week earlier (August 31) than I would have if I had finished my cycle on the pill. Unfortunately that was my last period. When I missed my period in September I was sure we were pregnant; though 3 negative tests later I'm not pregnant and still haven't gotten my period now making me just shy of 3 weeks late. I've read that it can take awhile for periods to come back but I'm just wondering when I really should be concerned? I feel waiting 6 months, as many sites say, is too long to go before seeing a doctor. I've gone off the pill in the past and never had any issues with my period. Has anyone else had these problems? Also, any advice on how to handle the stress of this is appreciated. I don't want to overreact but I am really beginning to worry that my lack of period, and in turn ovulation, may make conception nearly impossible.