View Single Post
October 9th, 2013, 05:57 AM
Super Mommy
Thanks for all the advice. I changed the membranes out yesterday and got the same amount as the day before, but this morning supply went back up, so we'll see. I think maybe he was having a growth spurt and was eating more in the morning and at lunch so maybe my body caught up or something.

I do agree that 18 ounces in 9 hours is a bit of an oversupply. I think I'm always afraid that I'm going to dry up so I worry needlessly.

At daycare, he eats 2.5 ounces every 1.5-2 hours with me nursing at lunch. So, he's generally taking 4 bottles for a total of 10 ounces out of the bottle. For the last week though, they'll tell me that he's still acting hungry after feedings so I'll send in two 1 ounce bottles as well in case he gets hungry. Sometimes he eats one or both of them and sometimes he doesn't. They've sent those back to me the last few days, so I probably shouldn't count that into what I need to pump every day. After daycare, he usually goes to see grandma for an hour or so. This is where the overfeeding problem occurs. She will feed him every time he fusses and usually feeds him every single bit of milk I send. Yesterday, I gave her 2 ounces and she asked me if I had anymore with me! I did, but there was no way I was leaving her 4.5 ounces for 2 hours. We have had the discussions about proper feeding amounts, but she doesn't listen. So now, she is only supplied with the proper amount for the time she will have him. Both of her kids were FF, so the concept of not needing a bigger volume of milk as he grows is foreign to her.

"Shake it up now, Sugaree. I'll meet you at the Jubilee. And if that Jubilee don't come. Maybe I'll meet you on the run."