View Single Post
October 10th, 2013, 07:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalia20 View Post
When I lived in sarnia I was warned not to eat american food cause Ive never had it so it will make me sick. The next year my boyfriend came home from work with a huge ham and cheese sandwich. I looked at it and said "It's american dont eat it" He asked how I could tell, it was from K Mart. Shortly after his step dad called saying him and MIL were suddenly very sick and didnt know why. He had one too and shared it with her. They were given to them by their boss who went to Port Huron. Needless to say he threw it out and said I was right. That is why I'll never get my passport whats the point?
We live on the border in a very under populated area. The closest Canadian grocery store is over an hour away, but 20 mins away is the American one. We buy everything but dairy and meat. The only difference really is the hormones in those American foods. It's otherwise completely the same. It's likely just coincidence that they got sick... it also could be the place it was purchased from... people get food poisoning in Canada too you know. It is too bad you feel that having a passport isn't worth it. There are so many things to do and places to see in American and around the world that require that document. I'd hate for anyone to miss out because of misinformation.