View Single Post
October 11th, 2013, 04:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningMommyTo5 View Post
OMgoodness!!!! My oldest DS has Aspergers and my youngest DS has just been put on the Spectrum. Currently, they're calling it high-functioning autism but believe he's a bit more severe than my oldest. If you need ANY support, I'm here. Although, I'm fairly new to that journey, too, so maybe you can help me. Some days are quite interesting around here with these two.
That's funny, we usually get the oh wow! 2 on the spectrum?!? It's refreshing to meet another family like us. It is a crazy house most of the time but man do I love these crazy boys! Jackson (my Aspie) was diagnosed when he was 3.5 and also with SEVERE ADHD so we have known for a while. We didn't find an ABA center until a year ago and like I said its amazing to see their work. With Lincoln it was different, they diagnosed him with Verbal Apraxia because he didn't speak. It wasn't until he developed epilepsy and they sent him to a Neuro in Jacksonville that he said hey we think he has Autism. So he got 2 diagnoses that day . The epilepsy is the worst. I can handle Autism, Aspergers, (Tourette's my younger daughter has that) but epilepsy scares the crud out of me.

I would love to be able to talk to another mom who totally gets the whole ASD life. If you need anything, let me know also. How old are your boys? Jackson is 7 and Lincoln is 4.