View Single Post
October 12th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So, some of you who are friends with me on Facebook know that my DH is out of town this weekend, however, I haven't been very open with why. I'm here, alone, and just need a place to put all my feelings, so I thought I could share here.

A month ago, my FIL went into the hospital with pneumonia. It was not a big deal, he would get better. 4 days after going into the hospital, he took a turn for the worse, and had to be sedated and put on a respirator. Whenever they bring him out of sedation, he would pull the tube out, and they would just have to sedate him again. This was his state for three weeks. They were pumping him full of strong steroids and antibiotics, hoping to get the infection in his lungs cleared out.

Last Sunday, my MIL called and said they were able to take the tube out, he was doing better. Later that night, she called again, saying they had to put the tube back in. Monday, she called and said DH needed to get up there.

DH went up to Iowa Thursday afternoon. I didn't get to talk to him again until last night. Things are not great. They brought in the priest yesterday to sit with them as the doctor explained they would be taking the tube out on Sunday, as my FIL has requested. The prognosis is my FIL will have one good day where he can talk, and then it'll go down from there. Worse case scenario, is 4 days.

It's just so hard to be here while DH is up with his family. Hearing him crying on the phone last night and to not be able to hug him, just ripped me apart. Last night he begged me to send him every picture we have of Arthur.

If you are the praying type, can you please say a prayer for my family? My MIL is a mess, my BIL is being a jerk, and my hubby is a mess who's trying to stay strong for his mom. He's supposed to come back Monday, but I told him to not worry about me, or his class, and we would figure something out if he needs to stay.

I'm going to California with Arthur on Wednesday for a week, and it's just so hard to feel excited about seeing my family, when my other family is going through this...

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy

Last edited by beatlechicksteph; October 12th, 2013 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Update