Topic: Circumcision
View Single Post
October 15th, 2013, 07:34 AM
Regular
I live in the UK, here it is uncommon to be circumcised, the opposite to America. I completely disagree that it is better health wise to circumcise a boy and completely unecessary (I am a health care professional). None of my previous partners have been circumcised, nor have they had any problems with regards to infection (I think it is a common myth in the states that if a boy/man is not circumcised they will suffer because of this. It is a personal choice and you should definitely research this. Unfortunately a lot of people on forums like this offer advice based on what they hear or what they think they know and do not give properly researched advice. You then have to take into account whether or not the research you do find is potentially flawed. What country was it performed in, what where the demographics, was it a small cohort, is it recent etc. I have a 6 year old boy who wasn't circumcised and has never had a problem in the pee pee department (of course this doesn't represent the majority as an individual case). I don't see the point in making a baby go through a surgical procedure for no reason other than social reasons. Medically it is unnecessary, but as a parent it is your choice, whether that is ethical or not I remain unconvinced. We don't perform other unnecessary surgical procedures on our babies, why this!?