Topic: Intro
View Single Post
October 15th, 2013, 08:44 AM
Administrator
Hi. I am sorry for not welcoming you sooner. I kind of had a rough week last week and haven't been over here like I should. I have bipolar 1 and have been diagnosed since I was 18. I have a feeling we are taking similar meds and yes, you can post about them. I take lithium, risperidol, and ativan. And I am exactly like you with my meds. I don't realize they are helping me until I don't take them. If I miss more than a dose or too I will get hypomanic really quickly and then usually I will have a depression episode shortly after that. I rapid cycle and sometimes can have my moods shift 6 or 7 times in one day.

My dh is the best when it comes to my bipolar disorder. I met him when I was 18 and told him right off the bat that I had bipolar disorder and if that wasn't something he could deal with I wasn't the girl for him and he has been great from the get-go. It's really good when you have a supportive partner that understands. It just makes a huge difference.

I'm glad you posted. I hope you will come back and post some more. It's kind of slow here but I'm hoping that more gals will start posting.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!