View Single Post
October 15th, 2013, 09:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ladies I need some opinions.

I'm a Brownie leader with a lady who I've known since I was a Brownie myself, in other words she's old and stuck in her ways, but I've worked with her for a long time and for the most part we get along.

In a couple of weeks there's an event that's a good hour away from us. She asked me at the beginning of the year if the girls and I would be interested in going. I said yes it sounds like fun, but that I had to check my calendar because the date sounded familiar. When I checked my calendar I realized it was the same day that I have tickets to go see Reba. I went back and told her that I wasn't sure I could go, it would depend on the timing of the event because I wasn't about to give up these tickets. I've asked every week since if she had found out the times of the event.

Fast forward to this weekend. I get an email telling me I'm registered for the event, and so are both my girls, lunch is not included like the other leader told us and the event starts at 8:30am, no end time.

I emailed the other leader asking what was going on, since I still didn't know an end time and being as it was starting so early in the morning there was no way I could do it and still enjoy my evening out. Her response to me is that since it's non-refundable I still have to pay for all three of us to be there.

Is it just me or is that wrong? I feel like I'm being forced to do something that I don't want to do. I haven't signed any permission forms for my girls and I thought I was pretty clear about my uncertain availability.

So do I drive the girls there and arrange pick up for them since I have to pay for them anyways, then just pay for me to not be there? Do I tell her she's wrong and I'm not paying or taking the girls or myself there? Do I just suck it up, pay for all of us and just not show? Or do you see another way out that I haven't considered yet? Keep in mind I have to keep working with her every week from now until May.