Topic: Circumcision
View Single Post
October 15th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by JillyP View Post
If it was really healthier to be circumcised, i believe evolution would have caught on (or will perhaps someday). But for now, the foreskin still exists. Even if i don't fully understand or appreciate its role, its existence has survived this far, and that still means something, imo. It is just so 'human' to assume we can design a better human than nature can, lol. I realize, once again, that my philosophy isn't widely accepted in America. As with many parenting choices, i would rather ease or treat natural complications if they arise, than to actively request an optional procedure that also carries its own, unnatural, complications. And i hate to offend other parents by getting too passionate about this, but however neutral i try try try to remain, i am definately not on the fence. I look forward to the day our culture will stop accepting infant circumcision as an ethical choice. But until then, i just do my part by refusing to perpetuate the trend.
Agree with this 100%.

My husband is not circumcised, and has never had any problems at all. The frequency of circumcision is really decreasing in North America, and I have to believe it is because people are finally realizing it's an unnecessary procedure. I'm thankful my husband wasn't, because if we ever have a boy, they'd circumcise him over my dead body - and luckily I won't have to fight hubby on it. The 'look like dad' excuse is BS in my opinion. As you can tell, I'm very passionate about this topic too...