View Single Post
October 16th, 2013, 07:46 PM
Super Mommy
Hi everyone,

I just recently experienced my first miscarriage with my first pregnancy late last month. It has been very difficult for my husband and I to cope with our loss. for me, the worst part seems to be that there are reminders EVERYWHERE. it got even worse when a coworker announced she was pregnant a couple weeks ago and her due date is two weeks after mine was. ive now noticed her slight little baby bump and it is so incredibly hard to hear about her journey through her own pregnancy, and see the physical changes that i should be experiencing along with her everyday.

I miscarried at 7w2d. It started as bleeding, cramps, etc. and I ended up passing what looked like just a long, narrow, maybe 2-2.5 inch long clot. My husband and I went to the ER, where I was told my HCG was at only 28. They could not see anything at all on the U/S. 3 days later, my HCG had dropped to 5. I did not need a D/C. Within a few days, the bleeding had significantly slowed and turned brown. Within a week, the bleeding had completely stopped.
After the bleeding stopped, I began doing OPKs. Originally, it was just to keep an eye on what my body was doing and to get a heads up on when I could expect my first period. However, when I finally got that positive this past Saturday my husband and I could not pass it up and decided to start TTC right away. SO I am now at day 5 in the dreaded 2 week wait! It makes me nervous that we started so soon again but we want nothing more than to just be pregnant again.

I could really use some encouragement and maybe if any of you have any stories to share about past pregnancies, family members, or friends who got pregnant right after a miscarriage and had healthy pregnancies, I'd love to hear them! Also, if I could get some well wishes and prayers for a healthy baby myself, I'd greatly appreciate it!

I am looking forward to hopefully using this as a place where I can get support from women who know what I am going through, and hopefully helping some of you and providing support anyway I can!!

Thank you in advance