View Single Post
October 16th, 2013, 08:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
WARNING! NOT A VACCINATION DEBATE!

I took Rory and Alex to the pedi last Wednesday to get Rory's 4 month check-up and Alex's flu shot. All went swimmingly and I'm very proud of my boys.

One of Rory's vax was the rotovirus one by mouth. I know that you're supposed to wash your hands and all that stuff, blah blah blah (though I should point out that i was not reminded by the staff nor was I given the info sheet about it this time).

Anyway, flash forward to Saturday night. Alex is awake and throwing up. On into the next day. By Sunday evening his fever was low and it was broken by Monday. Vomiting stopped well before then.

Today Toby is down and out and I'm expecting the same thing to happen to him.

I was flipping through these cloth diapering FB groups and they're talking about using disposables after doing the rotovirus (you don't need to, hot washes and detergent kills it). And it hit me. THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED. I must have been lax in how I washed my hands or something. Not surprised about this really.

Oh well. Nothing to do about it. 'Cept give lots of water. Alex got 2 days of non-stop television, popsicles, and attention. Rory just got the vax for it so no worries there about him, lol.

So, ladies, as your babies get their rotovirus vax, remember to be THOROUGH in washing your hands and everything that your baby's poop may conceivably touch.

I could be wrong and this is an unrelated illness but it can't hurt to pass the warning on

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!