View Single Post
October 18th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Veteran
I'm glad I'm not just crazy lol. I really want this to be a good experience with this pregnancy like I did not have with my first child. I don't like when the nurse just assumes that I'm going to go along with everything I say without giving me any say in it or even information. It doesn't feel right to me and I don't think it's a good fit. Maybe all of those things are okay for some people and that's fine but it's not for me.

I'm going to call my insurance today and see if they will switch me to a midwife at the birth center. I hate that with military insurance I need a referral to be switched but hopefully that will be quick and painless too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inyourhonor View Post
Ugh, I'd be very upset too! They cannot force these things on you but, they can choose to not continue on with you as a patient. I would seriously be looking around, even if it meant I had to drive to another town and deliver elsewhere. They NEED to tell you what these things are, they cannot try and pass it off as routine, it's your body, your baby, your choice!

However, I was told they want me to do the glucose test early because of my weight. I knew it was coming, whatever. I'm fat, yup. Not as fat as my heaviest, but I'm still considered fat.

I am also a little overweight, but not by a whole lot. Not in the obese category. I know they request the test early for some overweight moms.. I have no family history of GD or diabetes at all and didn't have it with my first pregnancy so I really didn't like them requesting to do it this early in pregnancy, especially when they are going to do it again in 14 weeks or so. I don't mind doing it then if I have to, but not twice, given I have no real risk factors for it.

Expecting Baby Boy #2!

Due May 12, 2014!