View Single Post
October 19th, 2013, 06:39 AM
I used to post here in the past, but I can't remember what my username or password was at the time.

I have 7 children, only 6 live with me. The 6 who do are 12, 10 (will be 11 tomorrow, 7, 5, 2 (will be 3 in November) and 2.

My house is in constant disarry, unless of course the 4 olders are at school. I can get them to clean up their messes, but then they just throw the stuff somewhere else. If I stop them and make them do it again, they will, but the next time it's the same way. I have chores set and they know what they are, but getting them to do them is like pulling teeth and punishments don't work. I've grounded them from everything I possibly can and it still doesn't matter.

I've noticed that they are all getting lippy with me and being very disrespectful. I punish for this as well, but it doesn't matter much to them after it's all said and done.

I feel like I have a bunch of kids no one wants to be around because they fight and cry all the time. I'm really at my wits end and just don't know what to do anymore. Hubs isn't much help. He works 65 - 70 hours a week and when he's home he's exhausted. Most nights he doesn't get home until well after the kiddos have gone to bed.

(I have to add here that my almost 11 year old DD is not like the rest of them. She gets up early and gets herself ready for school. Then she gets the 5 and 7 year olds breakfast and helps the 5 year old get ready while I'm tending to the babies. When she gets home she does her homework right away, helps with dinner, does her chores and then will help with baths and bedtime. She even helps the 5 and 7 year olds do their homework and will read to the babies. She helps me out A LOT!! She is absolutely the exception in this house except she does get a bit lippy, but I think she's tired of being the only one to step up while Dad is working so much.)

Any tips or ideas would be appreciated! I dread the weekends when they are home because I can't get anything done and all they do is fight and pick on each other. And I dread Mondays' more because that's the day I spend doing all the cleaning up and laundry from the weekend. I'm exhausted all the time.

Oh! And my 7 year old has Autism with learning disabilities so that just adds to everything.