View Single Post
October 20th, 2013, 12:14 AM
Leah
SO works on the big job tonight. Calls my brother to help because I'd lost my plug and we figured better try and wrap it up ASAP. They finish around 1:30am. Call me and say hey, mind if we grab a beer? Sure, no problem.

My water appears to have broken. And my SO is not sober. Not wasted, but buzzed.

Murphys. *******. Law.

It started as a trickle. Kept trickling. I'm telling my sister about it, not yet having called SO and my brother because I was unsure. Just as I'm thinking let me tell SO to switch to water, gush all over the couch. If it's not my water, then this DDC has some curse. After the gush, I call SO. My brother answers all smart *** like and I tell him. He starts yelling to everyone in the bar that they've got to go, it's time, my water broke.

Not having crazy contractions, but they are coming. SO is eating to soak up his vodka and Red Bulls. May walk around the block to get them a bit more before heading in. And of course, the doctor I don't like is currently on call. If this is it, guess I don't need to worry about the second sweep. FX!

Update:
Kuato is here. He arrived at 11:04pm October 20. He weighed in at 7lbs 11oz, 19". He has a nice head full of dark hair and has been a good sleeper, barely crying at all. I'll post our birth story as soon as I can. I am massively in love.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump

Last edited by QL1516; October 21st, 2013 at 01:17 AM.