Topic: Cough Syrup
View Single Post
October 20th, 2013, 07:27 PM
Veteran
I want to first say that I can't stand taking medicine. I don't take it or give it to Ethan or even my husband unless it is absolutely necessary. Nor do I like to go to the doctor for every little sniffle. The past few days Ethan has been teething like crazy. He has had a runny nose, fussy, swollen gums and a cough. He got like this once before back in like May during teething so I'm pretty sure that's all it is. I hate seeing him suffer that way, but obviously OTC meds are out of the question for his age. I was at the store earlier with my mom and she was getting my dad some Sinus medicine when we came across some stuff called Zarbees. It is an all-natural, drug free and alcohol free cough suppressant. There are a couple different versions, one is for children under 1 that does not use honey, and the other is for ages 1 and up that does. I got one that said it relieved cough and mucus. I looked at the ingredients and there is nothing on there that I can't pronounce, which made me feel better. I asked the pharmacist about it and she said it was completely safe. I gave it to him when we got home and his coughing instantly stopped. It said you could take it every 4 hours, but instead I waited till bedtime and gave him another dose. When I went to check on him earlier there was no sign of congestion when he breathes. I am extremely happy with this cough syrup and definitely recommend it to any mom who has a baby or toddler that is having problems with a runny nose or persistent cough.

Last edited by amberj90; October 20th, 2013 at 07:30 PM.