View Single Post
October 23rd, 2013, 08:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We haven't really had any in public, I have no idea what I will do then...lol!

For us, we do timeout, one minute for every year old that she is. As time has gone on, we had to do this less and less. Now that she is almost 5, we also tell her you can't have this or that because of your behavior. She doesn't have tantrums, she just cops attitude...her teen years will be so much fun, yikes! Anyways, that usually does the trick and if she starts to act poorly in public, I just say, do you want to be able to do this when you get home or later or whatever and that usually stops it.

My 16 month old drops to the floor and screams, so I am not looking forward to her later years...lol! We don't really discipline her because she is too young to get timeout, I just redirect and tell her no thank you that isn't nice. If she hits her sister with something I take it away and say no hitting, that isn't nice, and tell her that she doesn't get to play with whatever the weapon of choice was, she doesn't really get it but I know consistency is key in discipline so I just keep doing it, she will get it one day...hopefully before she mauls her sister