View Single Post
October 23rd, 2013, 12:21 PM
(formerly junie22)
1 year, 2 months & 2 weeks old

We're rather enjoying autumn in my household. Of course, October in Southern California is still filled with lots of sunshine and daytime temperatures in the 80s. I'm really sick of "shorts weather," though and will welcome the lower temperatures.

A couple of weekends ago, we headed inland to an area known for its apple orchards. We picked apples, sampled the various apple concoctions available from the farm (apple salsa, fresh-pressed cider, apple butter, caramel apples), admired the farm animals, and just had a great little escape from suburban life. Of course, there were tons of people, so we didn't necessarily avoid the crowds or traffic. Jack particularly liked the animals. He was a little uncertain about the pig, especially when it oinked really loudly as he was approaching. He came around after that though.

Last weekend, DH and I made it a three-day weekend and both took off work on Friday. We took Jack to Disneyland again. It was so nice to go during the week, way fewer people. We rode a couple of different rides with Jack, but It's a Small World was still his favorite. On Sunday, we went to a local pumpkin festival. We picked out a couple of pumpkins for carving, enjoyed pumpkin pie for breakfast from one of the vendors, walked a corn maze, and had fun on the bales of straw. At one point, Jack face-planted into it, which concerned me far more than him. He didn't cry, but he didn't particularly enjoy the mouthful of straw.

Not much new really. Jack seems to be going through a growth spurt. He honestly seems taller in just the past week. I haven't measured him, but he's now able to reach things that he couldn't reach before. I've also noticed that he will get really restless at certain points of the night, in ways that he's never done before. Like stretching a lot and kicking his feet. I wonder if the growth spurt makes him uncomfortable? Or it could just be teething still. His gums are getting really hard and swollen where his molars will come in. I wish they'd pop through already!

Still pumping just once per day. Still no AF. I've scheduled a doctor's appointment to discuss getting some estrogen cream. She had told me it was an option when Jack was just 9 months old. Basically, I still have issues with sex hurting, and I'm still suffering from mommy thumb. At that time, I told her I didn't want to do it because I worried it would impact my milk supply. Now that my milk supply is already so low and Jack is almost entirely weaned, I'm not worried about that anymore. So I want to get the estrogen cream and will hopefully be able to enjoy sex once again instead of it being a chore. I also feel like if I can get my hormones back in balance, I'll just be a happier person. I'm definitely not my pre-pregnancy self, and I don't like it.