View Single Post
October 23rd, 2013, 01:29 PM
Us two became we three <3
Lurking still (because I can't leave you girls!!!) and had to jump in on this one.

I spoke to my doctor about this because I was TTC right when the new flu shot came out.

My doctor said there is no problem with women who are TTC or who ARE pregnant getting the flu shot.

Blaundee please don't take offense but #1 and #3 in your post are not factually correct. #1 It is recommended that women who are pregnant DO get the flu vaccine because getting the flu when you are pregnant is dangerous for both you and baby. It can lead to a host of other illnesses and problem. It's the same argument with taking antibiotics while you are pregnant and have an infection. Women do routinely get vaccines during pregnancy for a variety of reasons. Vaccines that are safe to take during pregnancy do NOT CAUSE abortions!!

#3 "Healthy" people get the flu all the time. "Healthy" is a misnomer and highly subjective.

Of course it's everyone's prerogative whether they get the flu shot or not. Or any vaccine for that matter. And like Ashley said, it doesn't protect against every strain. It can't possibly. And it doesn't cause you to get the flu, but some people have an immunoresponse that causes you to feel crappy (b/c of the antibodies).

A very good chart from March of Dimes so that everyone can be empowered to make their own decisions: Vaccinations during pregnancy | March of Dimes

Last edited by girlsofsummer; October 23rd, 2013 at 01:37 PM.