View Single Post
October 24th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi guys! I wanted to post here because Im in need of nursing tips, or tips to prepare for nursing. Im NOT nursing right now, but I did just find out we are pregnant with our third, Im Almost 8 weeks. Anyways My first ended up not latching on and I pumped for about three months until I dried up. With my second, I nursed full time up until 8 weeks. but I had to stop because my breasts hurt SO bad! My nipples were raw and bleeding, sometimes I couldnt wear a bra or even a shirt (than goodness my first was still little so he had no idea) It was just awful. After those 8 weeks I rotated between nursing and bottle, which he was fine with, but they ended up getting so sore, even then, that I just decided to pump, and supplement with formula, but eventually when he was about 5 months I went dry. This time around, I REALLY want to be able to nurse until the baby is about 8mos-1yr. But I would be happy with 8 mos. Is there any tips that can help me "prepare" for nursing? Any tricks so they wont be as sore or bleed this time around? I really appreciate any advice.