View Single Post
October 24th, 2013, 07:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Whoooaaahhh, 2-3 nursing sessions a day for a 9 month old is NOT enough at all. All three of mine have been nursing at least 6 times during the day and 2-3 times through the night at 9 months. They need breastmilk before they have solids, always, until they are 12 months old, and at THAT point it can become less often or even wean off completely if that is what you want to do, but until then breastmilk or formula should be your baby's main source of nutrition. The phrase "Food before one is JUST for fun" is very true, and something to keep in mind when feeding solids to a child under one year old.

As for your cycle not returning, I didn't get my first cycle back after my son until he was 16 months, and there are plenty of people I know who COMMONLY wait a year or longer before they get their cycles back. My body isn't nearly as consistent, and I have cycled starting immediately after finishing my pp bleeding, at 6 months, and at 16 months. I dream of having another baby that puts my cycles on hold for 15-24 months pp, LOL. Your body might just not be ready to cycle again yet! It is entirely possible you could wait another 6 months or more before you get your cycles back, and it isn't just breastfeeding that affects this-- there are people who never nurse their baby and still end up waiting a year or more for their first pp cycle. Rare, but it happens.