View Single Post
October 25th, 2013, 11:14 PM
Arwen
Lurking. I researched so much about timing when I was trying to get pregnant, and what I read was that the absolute earliest that an egg could implant, could be developed enough to implant, was five days after ovulation. So in theory I guess they could get a positive test that early, but in my years of research, the eariest I have seen is six days after.

You can get pregnancy "signs" the day of ovulation and every day after. Hormones do weird things. I have felt pregnant and not been. The earliest morning sickness kicked in for me was eight days after ovulation, but I have hyperemesis gravidarum. It's hereditary, and you get very very sick during pregnancy.

So I think it is highly improbable you are the father. I won't say impossible because you had sex, she may have had rampant hormones after ovulation, and five days past ovulation is the earliest you can implant. As for hcg levels being too low, it may be multiples. UNLIKELY she has all of that going on, but not impossible. I hope things turn out well for you both.