Topic: Monday Chat
View Single Post
October 28th, 2013, 03:14 PM
"Shay-see"
Alasdair is finally starting to give me a break - we've had a few good nights in a row! I'm not out of the woods yet, but I'm sooooo grateful for what I've got - I no longer feel desperate with exhaustion, and that's huge.

We've been co-sleeping and I figured out that he likes a combination of being on me and being... not on me to sleep. At first he couldn't sleep at all stationary - he needed to be walked around, driven around, in his swing, etc. Then for a week or so I tried sleeping with him on my chest and that worked better but he was still having restless nights and keeping me awake. Lately I've been cuddling up to a pillow on my side and nestling him so that his weight is on the pillow and he is right up against my chest. It makes it really easy to dream-feed him, it's super comfy for me (esp. when I put a pillow between my knees) and he sleeps really well like that so far *knock on wood*. I'm just trying to figure out how to stop us from getting so warm while we sleep that way, but otherwise it's pretty perfect. I just hope it keeps working.

He's up 3 lb since birth and still pigging out, so there's no end in sight. I just do breast feeding or pumping depending on what I need at the time and so far it's working. I have some formula as a back-up in case of disasters, but we just keep trucking and haven't needed it at all.

I'm happy to report that I've been truly loving my job as his mommy - he's making it easy for me so far and taking care of him has been very rewarding. I've been having a lot of anxiety, but the blues have been making only guest appearances. I am deeply thankful that he's healthy and that things are going well, and I only hope that they continue on this trend.