View Single Post
October 30th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I posted a long rant on the PAMAL board this morning. I'm feeling my age during this pregnancy ladies. I thought if Abigail Adams could be pregnant and 40 in the year 1810 all by herself, manage her farm, children, smallpox, etc. then hey, I could too.

Big Fat Wrong.

I'm utterly exhausted. My back, legs and feet ache. My stomach muscles spasm several times a day from fatigue. I have to lift and bend so much from my chores. I'm still carrying and lifting wood in the house to stock the wood stove. My arms shake when I lift the logs, or pots and pans when I do dishes. I struggle to lift baskets of laundry up 2 flights of stairs.

And I'm only half way, the easy half - through this pregnancy.

I'm terrified that I'm going to tear the placenta or pull the umbilical cord while bending over to scoop chicken feed or put wood into the woodstove. UGH. Lord help me when I'm 35 weeks gone. How will I reach into the wood stove? My arms aren't that long!!

I have to admit, I am NOT superwoman, no matter how many times I put on the cape. I'm so happy to be pregnant, don't get me wrong, I wouldn't trade this for anything. I think I forgot what a toll it took on the body and after everything I've been through physically already, I wasn't prepared for the battering I'm taking.

Ok. I'm done complaining. Back to work.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013