Topic: Dtap
View Single Post
October 31st, 2013, 07:02 AM
CopperBoom!
I got one the day my son was born, and I remember it being sore for a few days.

However, speaking of the shot, I am a little...confused, I guess, on what to do. The nurse told me the shot is good for 10 years. I got one just over 3 years ago when DS was born. The nurse also told me that they will recommend I get another before this baby is born. However, technically, the one I got in 2010 will still be well within those 10 years. I mean, it won't even be 4 full years at that point. I really hate to get another so close together, and I really hate to get the vaccine while pregnant. I understand that it's to prevent risk of pertussis to baby, and that the shot takes 2-4 weeks to take effect, so getting it once the baby is born isn't as effective. However, technically, I'm still vaccinated against it from the last shot. AND our June babies won't be born during a high risk season for pertussis anyway. That said, I do want to make sure I'm doing everything possible to keep baby healthy. I am just so torn!